Friday, June 13, 2008

Back from HK!

Shopping


Yup... I am back from HK! What a trip... Let me show you some pictures of HK!

That's a little pooch I saw on the streets of HK. Very cute... :)


An ad I saw on the train... It's about caring for animals. From the SPCA in HK, I guess...



This is the handrail in the form of Mickey Mouse's head in the train to Disneyland! Wow... nice huh?


And the train came in Mickey Mouse windows... I went absolutely crazy! Haha...

The MTR... aka MRT in Singapore... is longer and faster than the one in Singapore. It's more complicated and the stations are connected somehow. Takes some getting used to... But at the top of it, it shows you where you are heading. The light blinks to show you where you are headed for... cool technology!



Dessert at 许留香。Nice dessert. It's full of watermelon! Nice to eat on a hot day!
This is their Mango Platter. I was eating mango almost everyday!


Roasted pork rice... from a 茶餐厅. Not too bad!


This is the roasted goose rice.. Yummy too! :)


Another toufu dessert from 糖朝. Love it cos it's smooth and sweet...


Their mango dessert with toufu below...

A Coach store at 兰桂坊. I like the lights and the brand all over the store.


This is an ad near 兰桂坊. Thought that the faces made it look unique.

I was staying at Kowloon. So from where I was, I could see Hong Kong Island.

This is outside 女人街. You wouldn't be able to tell what time it was when I took the pic. It was 12am at night and there were still many people walking around!


This is outside 中环 MTR, near Exchange Square. It was a Sunday and for a moment, I thought I was outside Lucky Plaza. Yup.. you guessed it. The place where the Filipino maids congregate for their weekly outings.


This was just outside the hotel room. Yes... my room was overlooking a few blocks of residential apartments! They were really old...

I bought quite a lot of stuff too. Too lazy to show it here. If I am free, I will do it. I went to the biggest LV shop in Asia! Hahaha... nice... so of course I rewarded myself with a bag. Will show in the next post. Something's wrong with my mouse...
Feelings about HK...
It's a great place for a night owl like me. The city never sleeps! You can find people selling curry fishballs at 3am in the morning! Unbelieveable huh? Some shops even close at 12am at night! I was out loitering every night looking for food and shopping! HK people work really hard.
It's not a nice place to live in. Unlike Raffles Place and Shenton Way where it's totally dead at night and on weekends, HK's business district like 湾仔,中环,尖沙咀 have office buildings and residential blocks just next to each other and they are always bustling with activtiy! The buildings are built so close to each other that sometimes, I find myself feeling suffocated. Sometimes, when you walk along the shops, the water from the roof will drip on your head and I get irritated with that. I have learnt to avoid the wet patches I see on the ground cos that's where the water drips.
On the whole, the food is good. The mango desserts, roasted meats, egg tarts and curry fishballs... I had them almost everyday!
Anyway, the trip was nice cos I bought a lot of stuff there too!
Looking forward to the next trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home