Thursday, April 02, 2009

We were just not meant to be....

Dear Panda,

It's really a coincidence that I found you in the dogs' blogs one day. I remembered how crazy I went during the March hols reading all about dogs with blogs. I read about you and Ode and how he helped to take care of you. I didn't know Ode's parents were fostering you then until I clicked on Barn2's blog and happened to see the link Homeless in Seletar , clicked on it and saw you and recognised you from Ode's blog and that was how I realised that you were up for adoption!

I started to read more about you. Your fosterers had nothing but praises for you. Your mild and gentle temperament made me convinced that you were the dog for me. You know you will have rabbits kor-kor and jie-jie to live with but I trust that you would be gentle with them.

My apprehension and indecisiveness made me lose you. After all, I was going to be a first time dog owner and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to provide you with your needs. It wouldn't be fair to you if I short change you. But then again, I thought about how happy I was going to be with you... I thought about how we would go for walks in the evening and I would walk with you to visit Uncle Chris at his pet shop. We would choose your toys together and walk back home together. I imagined myself going for walks with you and how proud I would be of you cos you are such a lovely and well-behaved girl. I know how you would help me to keep fit cos I would have to accompany you on all those walks. Now I don't exercise cos I would be so tired at the end of the day but with you around, I know I would be motivated to do it. I imagined all those nice evenings where I can laze around with you sitting on my right and Roger-kor kor and Gracie-jie jie on my left. We would watch TV together and spend those nice quiet evenings happily...

Do you know that you look like your Roger gor-gor? He also has markings like you in his eyes and when I first picked him up at a park, I nearly named him Panda too? What a coincidence it was, don't you agree?

Now that someone else has adopted you, I am sad but also happy for you. I know where you have come from and how much you have suffered cos my rabbits went through the exact same experience as you. All of you deserve to be loved by someone for the rest of your lives.

So, Panda, live a great life from now on, love and treasure what you have from now on and laugh everyday with your beautiful heart... you may not know me but you will always remain in a special place in my heart... :)

Photo taken by Panda's fosterer, A.



Thanks A for keeping me updated about her :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home